Talented author and fellow blogger, Margo Dill, who has been a great source of support for me and who is an old friend whom I miss seeing, nominated me for a Sunshine Award and assigned questions for pondering. The game goes like this:
- Thank the person who nominated you. (Thank you, Margo.)
- Answer the questions from the person who nominated you.
- Nominate other bloggers for the award.
- Notify the bloggers you have nominated them.
- Hope they don’t block you, hope they do link to your blog in a nice post, where they answer these 10 questions.
1. What do you love most about blogging/writing?
I write fiction, so I spend a great deal of time with fictional people. I love that. But I love to blog because I feel like it’s a chance to connect to real people, too!
2. Name a place you’ve never been but would love to visit and why?
France or Italy. Easy answer–the food. That’s really why I like to visit any place.
3. Describe your favorite snack.
Cheese. Another cheese. Maybe a different cheese just to finish it off.
4. What’s the best movie you’ve seen recently?
I love movies, but I don’t get much time to see one. I can manage to watch a movie on Netflix over the course of three days or so. But I did get a chance to see the newest Star Wars and I loved it.
5. What is your favorite season and why?
Spring! I’m not a fan of winter in the slightest, so spring is a long awaited relief for me. I love to see the trees budding and the first bulbs blooming. I love to dream about a garden and to buy the little baby plants to put into the ground. I love the first warm breezes and the feel of the sun on my skin. Heaven.
6. Do you believe in ghosts?
I’d say yes. But then again, I’m not sure that they’re ghost or something darker… whatever they are, I think there’s something there. Luckily, Jesus is too, so I let Him handle it.
7. What advice do you give but don’t take yourself?
I tell my kids to “Chill” when they’re frustrated. I’m not very good at “chilling” when the tables are turned. 🙂
8. If you had to choose one favorite color, what would it be?
9. When is the last time you laughed?
I laugh a lot. There are just too many funny things out there. I laugh at myself often. I goof up quite a bit.
10. Do you prefer a tablet or actual book while reading?
Book! I’m old school there. I just love the feel of the cover and the pages. I also like to toss a book in my bag or carry it around the house. I’m way to clumsy to cart around a delicate device in the same way I do a book. I also like to have a cup of coffee or a glass of wine and books recover better from beverage mishaps.
Okay, now I’m nominating three bloggers: (this is a tough choice)
Taylor Bennett : I love this young writer. I teach young writers myself, and she’s setting such a great example for them.
Candace Carrabus:Candace Carrabus: This is a good friend, who I miss seeing as well! She’s such an inspiration for writers. Life is a busy place, but she still finds time to write some terrific stuff. Get to know her!
Miss Annie Girl: Because sometimes, people are just awesome rays of light. If ever there was a Sunshine blogger, this young lady is it.